16166: Holmstead: security situation in gonaives (fwd)

From: John Holmstead <cyberkismet@yahoo.com>

I too have observed a rise in the number of
off-the-cuff reports and rumors about conditions in
Haiti. Several strike me as verging on the outlandish
and I am always curious about the original sources.
Thank you for attributing a source to the Gonaives
report/rumor.

Perhaps the rise in these types of reports/rumors
corresponds to the present political juncture.