16207: porthaiti: ::: The Haitian Family Day Picnic (fwd)

From: The Port Haiti News <porthaiti-mail@intermediahaiti.com>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
HAITIAN FAMILY DAY
HAFAD2003 - Prelude to 2004
Newsletter
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
ALL HAITIANS Representing:
Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien, St Marc, Gonaives, Miragoine, Leogane, Grand Goave, Les Cayes, Port de Paix, Jeremie, Petit Goave, Petion ville, Carrefour, Bas Peu de Choses, Cotes de fer, Ouanaminte, Archaie, Hinche, Croix des bouquets, Etc... Etc...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome to the first edition of the Haitian Family Day picnic (HAFAD2003) Newsletter. This major event scheduled for September 7, 2003 will take place at the beautiful Eisenhower park in East Meadows, LI, NY. Our goal from this point on is to keep you informed of the latest developments and activities during the planning of this event. The following topics will be covered in this issue.

1- Objectives of HAFAD2003
2- Eisenhower Park
3- Entertainment Update
4- Vendors
5- Our Sponsors
6- Credit for HAFAD2002
7- Let's Get the Word Out to All Haitians

1- OBJECTIVES
On Sunday, September 7, 2003, from 11:00AM to 8:00PM, Eisenhower park in in East Meadows, LI, NY will be the venue hosting the greatest Haitian reunion to take place in NY. This event called "Haitian Family Day (HAFAD) Picnic" has the objective of bringing together Haitians from all generations and from all parts of the world in an atmosphere of friendliness and unity. This day also subtitled "Rencontre des Amis" will provide the opportunity to meet old friends from our neighborhoods in Haiti and family members that we have lost contact with. In all, we are planning a fantastic day full of activities for the entire family. All the different cities and towns in Haiti will be well represented from north to south and from east to west.

This event subtitled "Prelude to 2004" will be the first event welcoming the bicentennial of Haiti's independence. As such, the spirit of this anticipated milestone will be with all of us gathered on this day of unity and celebration

2- EISENHOWER PARK
Eisenhower Park, located in Long Island is right off the Meadow Brook parkway Exit M5, Hempstead Ave. It is very accessible from all areas of NY with plenty of free parking.
With an impressive array of seasonal and year-round activities spread across 930 acres of land, Eisenhower Park is easily the most popular park in the county. From athletics to recreation, passive activities to eating facilities, Eisenhower has it all. The great outdoor theater where all the artists will perform is the best in NY. So be ready to enjoy a day full of activities in the beautiful setting of Eisenhower park.

3- ENTERTAINMENT
We want to always emphasize that this event is a picnic and not a typical Music Festival. Entertainment is only a part of the day's activities and we are working on a very diverse entertainment program for all ages. At this time, we are very close to finalizing the list of entertainers. This is the tentative list of performers.
- Tabou Combo will be the band of Honor, Celebrating 35 years of existence. - Expect a super show from the #1 show band.
- Top Vice - The chou chou of Miami promises you great entertainment - Top Vice style.
- Florida Twoubadou - The new twoubadou hit and the pride of Miami.
- 718-BOYZ: The newest and most promising band representing Queens , NY.
- Shleu Shleu will bring out the memories of the "good old days"
- Famous dance troupes: Annakawona and Davivada dancers
- Haitian R&B recording artists "Assasin" and "Rated R"
- Solo performances by "Princess Georgie" & "Krys"
- Fashion show by a modeling agency
- Upcoming digital band U-Five. And from upstate, NY, the group Vision-X
- Rara Band - Animated by Djarara
- Etc. Etc.

4- VENDORS UPDATE
We have a great number of vendors and exhibitors who will be present, selling or displaying various products or services. Those present will have the opportunity to savor delicious Haitian food from the best Haitian restaurants, not to forget tropical fruits and ice cream. You are welcomed to bring food, but we encourage you to take advantage of the many food vendors that will be available at the park.
Others will include arts & crafts, Jewelry, Home decor, books, CDs, Clothing etc. etc. So don't forget to bring cash for great shopping at HAFAD2003
We still have vendors space available. If you are interested on being one, just drop us an email or call 718-978-7912 or 917-312-1109

5- OUR LIST OF PROUD SPONSORS
Our preliminary list of sponsors so far includes: Haitiens aujourd'hui magazine, NAAHD, Unitransfer, Moment Creole (WLIB1190AM), Haiti Observateur, Sakapfet.com, Fouye.com, Haitixchance.com, Duch Travel agency, All Care Medical & Rehab, Harricardeau TV show etc.

6- HAFAD2002 CREDITS
Remember that if you still have your ticket for the cancelled picnic last year, it will be valid for HAFAD2003 as promised.

7- LET'S GET THE WORD OUT TO ALL HAITIANS
We now ask for your support in getting the word out by forwarding this newsletter to everyone in your address book. - Haitians support Haitians, let's make HAFAD2003 - PRELUDE TO 2004, a great Haitian event - Click on your "Forward button" now.....

For more information, visit the official picnic web site at http://www.rockmasters.com/hafad/.

Jean Claude Elie
RockMasters Entertainment
HAFAD Picnic committee
http://www.rockmasters.com/hafad/
JeanElie@aol.com
haitianday@rockmasters.com

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This message on behalf of "The Haitian Family Day (HAFAD) Picnic" is brought to you by:

Port Haiti
http://www.port-haiti.com
The Internet Information Port dedicated to Haiti and to the Haitian People

InterMedia
http://www.intermediahaiti.com
The Internet Communications Network of Haiti

Subscribe & Unsubscribe Information Below
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
TO UNSUBSCRIBE CLICK HERE
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-ph/ or
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-add-remove/sub-unsub.html
or cut and paste either of the URL addresses above into your browser
or return this e-mail to InterMedia by clicking reply.

If you do not know or remember how you are subscribed
to any of the InterMedia mailing lists
or do not know which of your addresses is subscribed
or if you experience any difficulty unsubscribing
please advise:
postmaster@intermedia-haiti.com
or
abuse@intermedia-haiti.com
where your message will receive immediate attention.

Best Regards,

InterMedia
The Internet Communications Network of Haiti
22 Angle Rues Ogé et Magny
P.O. Box 16042
Pétionville, Haiti
Telephone: (509) 511-1314