16240: Laleau: Food for the Poor

From: NLaleau@aol.com

In 1994-95 I had first-hand experience with Food for the Poor when I
accompanied several rural school teachers to Food for the Poor offices to
find
out what had happened with their prior request for school equipment they
had
been promised. The director, a Haitian woman, treated them with so little
respect that I wanted to walk out. The only reason I stayed was that I
didn't
want to endanger their chance to get much needed equipment for their
school.
When we left, they told me that they didn't want to ever go back there,
that
the equipment they might get was just not worth the humiliation and
degradation. I wished we had all walked out. --nancy laleau