16262: Dorce: Re: 16236: Lucas: SEEKING SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 7/31/03 4:21:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Stanley  Lucas
<slucas@iri.org> writes:

<< Through this website, we will post relevant reports and documents made
available to the public by the government (state and local), multilateral
institutions, the press, civil-society, and non-governmental organizations. We will
also develop a daily mailing list that will send breaking news and information
to members. >>

What makes the reports and documents relevant?  Will this website be
non-partisan or will it reflect one group or belief system?  Because if it is slanted
to one side of the political or socio-economical spectrum, your website should
be presented as such.  I am conscious of the mainstream media in the US being
used to change the way people think about what is happening so this is a big
concern to me.  Diversity in information and letting the reader sort it out is
key.  I hope this will be your philosophy.

Kathy Dorce~