16264: Dorce: Re: 16256: Dorcilien: Re: 16250: Kathleen: We can't l... (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/3/03 5:40:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Nod Dorcilien
<ndorcilien@yahoo.com> writes:

<<  I think people around the globe and mostly
 Haitians needs to see or read about the conditions of
 certain places in Haiti. The truth about it is
 whatever they are saying is true and we need to face
 the truth other than that some of us will never know
 the real problems and difficulties facing this Island.
 often we express Haiti's similarities with some other
 countries and the reality is there is no comparison.
 Haiti is unique and it is up to us and the people of
 Haiti to change its image. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I wanted to thank Dorcilien for his post and comment on one thing he said
which I want to reiterate.  Haiti is unique.  Haiti is not like any other
country.  He may not have meant it in the positive way but I do.  I think Haiti is
the best country in the Caribbean.  If all people could have opportunity to make
good lives for themselves and their families, Haiti would be the best place
in the world.

It always gets me when privileged Haitians fail to see the
magnificence of Haitian culture, and by that I mean Vodou, art, folk dancing
and story telling.  It is unique and powerful.  Maybe that is why it has been
repressed for so long by the US.  Haiti is the unique place it is because of
the majority Haitian and that culture.  If the minority became the majority,
then it would be just another Martinique.....and how often do you hear
Martinique discussed with any passion?  I rest my case.

Kathy Dorce~