16310: ACACIA: Re: 16184: SFclinics1: Housing in Gonaives (fwd)

From: N ACACIA <n_acacia@yahoo.com>

Hello,
   For the person seeking Gonaives hotels, here are a
few:
The Charleston - 974-0321. Reasonably priced. Modest.
Clean. More like a big guest house. Single or double
rooms with showers in the room. I stayed there; they
have floor and wall fans.

Chachou on Avenue des Dattes (no reservation needed)
is a little closer to American standards, perhaps and
has a restaurant downstairs. I'm told it's a bit more,
costwise.

   Both however, are off the same main throughfare and
not far from each other. Coming into Gonaives, U'll
pas Chachou first.

    There is also Family Hotel, at the very entrance
to Gonaives. {I can't recall since I only spent 1/2
day and night in Gonaives, but it might also be on the
same Avenue des Dattes.

   Good luck and have a happy sojourn. Ciao. N.A.