16312: anonymous: helping the poor of Haiti

I totally believe in helping the poor by teaching them how to fish rather
than
giving them the fish.  Food for the Poor is a laudable project, yet, I
think
that by handing out all the time, and us Haitians in the states, sending
and
sending all the time render our people very dependent and devoid of
motivation
to march, demonstrate and force the government to create jobs.  This
situation
has totally destroyed the work ethics in the people.  everyone seems to be
waiting for the "CAM men" rather than holding three day demonstrations in
front
of the Palais to demandthat the governement create jobs.  Yes, I help my
family
back home but they all understand that my help is greater and better when
I see
them doing for themselves.  And they do.
Anonymous