16348: Ray: Re: Fwd: Street food (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mray@novell.com>

I've been asked by my church to do a 10 minute presentation on Haiti
along with about 6 other people who are doing presentations on countries
they went on missions to.    As part of that presentation they asked
that I give a sampling of the food in Haiti.   Since these are
teenagers, I thought it would be good to do some of the street food of
Haiti.  I can't remembrer what it's called, but we used to buy the round
breaded and fried balls with a little bit of meat, perhaps a banan peze,
and some picklies, although it's been so long since I've eaten that that
I can't remember the names or what exactly they usually served.    Can
anybody help me with names and recipes?      I don't want to feed them a
meal, just a little snack/sampling if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Matt

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti Foundation, Inc.
4212 Danube Court, Bakersfield CA 93308
http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org
mraymus@yahoo.com
661.588.4400 - phone