16352: Dorce: Re: 16277: Shadlen: Re: 16274: Karshan: (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/5/03 8:57:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Marie-Florence
Shadlen <mshadlen@u.washington.edu> writes:

<< We have a 200 year legacy of dictatorship, political repression and
kleptocracy. I find no comfort in blaming imperial manipulations for our suffering
or for President Aristide's incompetent and dishonest administration. We are our
 worst enemy. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It is always wise and most productive to look at oneself to determine how to
change one's life rather than outside culprits.  But to discount the magnitude
of such outside forces, especially if the force is the United States of
America, is to be foolish.  Certainly change the system, it is rotten through and
through.  Make graft and corruption mortal sins.  By all means change the value
system to bring back honor, honesty, integrity (please do NOT look to the big
country to the north as a role model!!) into daily lives as well as political
ones.  Foster the notion of putting the group first....Haiti first.  Ask not
what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country...you
know  (also do not look to the US for guidance on this).  But make no mistake,
there is a global agenda and Haiti is on it (damn the luck!).  Aristide has
been tied up in chains and thrown into the deep end.....you want to blame him for
merely keeping his nose above water.  I challange you to name anyone who
could have made a difference to the people of Haiti if the US has other ideas.
And they do.  Any American who isn't seeing what the NeoCons in the White House
are doing in the world and particularly (because that is our interest here)
Haiti, is keeping the blinders on for one reason or another.  Not wanting to see
is just as bad as seeing and supporting this travesty anyway.  We can stop
them......do your part and wake up the Americans you know.

Kathy Dorce~