16361: Nlbo: Stronger community in Miami (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

I agree with Gipsie Metellus idea of gathering various communities in Miami is a positive endeavor. I notice she wrote 125 Haitian stakeholders met. As I have been suggesting for a while and several other people have supported this idea, I hope Boston will follow suit.

The Eastern Urban League is calling for an ethnic dialogue  between Fall of 2003 and June 2004 in the Boston area. It could be an opportunity for various Haitian sectors in Boston to gather and decide as a specific ethnic community what we will bring to the ethnic conversation that is being launched in the Boston.

Boston is able to come together as we have done for the Unity Day Parade. Letīs bring at least several hundred of those who marched on Blue Hill Ave "around a table" next year to vision, plan where we are going as a cohesive intergenerational community in the next several decades.

As someone else had suggested, I think bringing various service providers, community leaders or professionals together for group dialogues is an endeavor that could be taken in the diaspora and in Haiti.

Nekita