16367: Du Tuyau, learning to lie (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

Dear Missers or Miss Zoer,

In a message yesterday, you question fundamental of truth about Haiti and how we learn to tell the truth. You say like this: <<"" I heard that the children throw their tooth on the roof. While doing this they tell the rat that they are giving it a beautiful tooth and expect an old tooth in return. They say the opposite of what they mean to trick the rat into giving
them what they really want: a nice new tooth.

Is this what happens? Does it matter what roof the tooth is thrown on? Does the child say anything in particular? Is the child by itself or surrounded by family?"">>
*********************
Okay, my insight is small but your questionning wonderful. You ask question fundamental for Haiti. Belief for me. This is how we all learn for becoming rats, in Haiti. We learn little lesson how to lie as child, with face standing up, straight like a kokomakak. They tell for us no to tell what-ever in heart we have, to tell it. Maybe I try for explain a little better but, pardon for me my language. I still in English training and I no speak very well today until now. So you follow for me and I serious. Seriously serious. But before, why you think politician Haitians lie all-time like 2 exemples:
-Repeat after for me, 2003 shall going to be 2003 more beautiful in Haiti (Titid); or
-Haiti now is country dictatorship (Convergence)

When you child, parent tell you to lie to the rat. So when you grow up, you training is good to lie as politician or everything else you can become.

If you want some little lies and you know Maurice Sixto, go to some old tape for "Série de choses et gens entendues". Best for illustration of lies as permissive in country, is when one Madame middle class asked little poor girl-restavčk in house to go on Sunday, and see what neighbor middle class too, cook in garbage. Little restavčk go and she see what? skin for aransó smoked-herring; but, the neighbor told madame before that she cooked nice chiken, maybe even with diri ak djon-djon (rice and mushroom Haitian).

Haiti, Miss or Missers Zoer, is never what it seems for you to believe. That why is why I wrote that little poem one day and people asked me if I moun fou. That is my best English too. Read for you with me like we sing a refrain in protestan church, togetherness:

" Haiti oh oh oh oh...........
Now you see it, now you don't...
Now you see it, now you don't...
Now you see it, now you don't...".

I hoping for you my English was understanding.

Du Tuyau