16370: erasmus: follow up to questionnaire -- meaning of solidarity

From: erasmus <erasumustom@sympatico.ca>

One of your list members asked me to define the
solidarity movement.  Here's my attempt (I'd actually included it
with the original questionnaire - it got left out.

Tentative Definition of "Haiti Solidarity Work" - any political,
journalistic, humanitarian or cultural work by a non-Haitian, living
in or outside Haiti, seen by that person as in support of the people
of Haiti and of their economic, political and cultural development
and self-determination.

Tom