16372: Miguel Francoise - Herby Foundation seems to be a fraud (fwd)

From: Concerned Forhaiti <concern4haiti@hotmail.com>

Herby Carribbean Kids Foundation is a foundation which is based in
Washington DC and a location in Pernier, just outside of Port au Prince.  I
would like to know if anyone else is giving $ to this organization because I
visited the site in Haiti where the foundation is supposed to exist, and
though it has Herby's name on the front, it is actually a private residence
for the "owner" of the foundation.  There is no orphanage or health
facility....  You can visit the remains of their fundraising site (which for
some reason is now suspended) at www.hckf.org . I actually believed that it
existed because I found their advertisement in a publication (I think it was
called Trait d'Union) in the embassy in Wash. DC.
Please don't get caught in this type of scam like I did, bucause it is very
disheartening.

Thanks and stay kind,
Miguel Franciose