16444: Zachary: Re: negative comments on Christian missionaries (fwd)

From: Lori Zachary <lorirn@hotmail.com>

I, for one, am pleased that cunningham wrote in with this info about the
marches in St. Marc.  It is easy for some to sit back and type up a
judgement against these people who are just trying their best to help and
work to make Haiti a better place.  I know we all have our own opinions
about how that should best be done.  But, that's just it, they are opinions.
  Why don't we just have enough tolerance to release these groups from our
judgemental shackels so they can just get some work done.  I am not behind
every missionary.  There are some who set up their own little kingdoms in
their tropical paradise.  But I am behind anyone who is working, not just
talking.  I would be happy to read from others about how any group, Haitian
or foreign, is successfully improving Haitian's quality of life by any means
-- education, health, spiritual, agriculture, water, electric, business,
etc.   We all love Haiti and we all have different ways to express it.  You
don't have to agree with it, but please let people speak.

Thanks,
Lori Zachary
Cazale, Haiti
Grace International World Outreach
lorirn@hotmail.com

<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup