16461: Chamberlain: re 16428: Patoruzu: Poles in Haiti (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> PATORUZU13@aol.com wrote

> I know for a fact that the Pope had a brother who lived in Haiti.  He
died a few years ago of cancer.  I don't see why the Pope would not have
visited him. Maybe this was done secretly away from the media and public
eyes.   Yanick

Please tell us how you know this "for a fact".   A friend who is a senior
Church official who has spent decades in Haiti says it just isn't true.
Perhaps there is confusion about the word "brother," which in French is
"frère" (friar or monk, in religious terminology), or even about "Fr" which
might look it's short for "frère" but is in fact short for "father" (simple
priest) in English.

        Greg Chamberlain