16466: Dorce: Re: 16409: Kathleen: Re: 16398: Haiti needs reparations, not sanctions (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/16/03 8:27:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Kathleen
<kathleenmb@adelphia.net> writes:

<< wow.  "capitalist vultures."  Does this include small business owners and
 teachers in non-religious schools?  Hotel owners?  Bank tellers?  Anyone
 receiving a salary not employed by government or NGO?  kb >>
Relax Kathleen, this is not an attack on the Haitian middle class (which, by
the way, bears no resemblence to the American middle class).  "Capitalist
vultures" refers to corporations, big business.  The middle class is way below
this level.  These vultures are eating the world alive (is that a mixed
metaphor?).  If you ask me, the middle class should band together with the poor to join
forces to fight this evil (I'm not kidding either!).  But what are the
chances of that happening in Haiti?
kd~