16474: Lyall on St. Marc Church (fwd)

From: j.david lyall <j.david@lyalls.net>

>please   could you give information regarding ST MARC church. Next time i
>will like to come  Thank you

I know some little bit about Jeunesse en Mission, the St Marc organization which originated
that letter about their rally on Aug 14.

I've spent a lot of time in a rubble house right down the street from that 'mission'.
My St Marc friends have lived there forever. I've watched the mission expand, buying up
tons of property, cutting down the fruit trees, walling it in and building houses for the blan
who occasionally come visiting.

I've asked many of the people in the neighborhood about this place. They have never done
any charity for the citizens of St Marc that anyone I've talked to knows about. Their lights stay
on when there is no EDH, which is almost all the time. That light at the front gate where kids
study is the only thing that 'Youth in Mission' does for anyone outside there high walls.

He claimed to have repaired the fountain in the Place St Marc after being broken since 1985?
I know that it was working at Fete St Marc three years ago because I washed my face in that fountain.

They bring in groups of teenage american white kids to preach the gospel to haitians in the streets.
Lots of folks gather to watch rich white kids with nice clothes preach to them in english. It is real amusing.
One day while I was there I returned to the rubble house and a couple of visiting 'youth on mission' were
in the front yard of Charite's house surrounded by haitians. I asked 'ki blan yo?'. They assumed that they
were friends of mine. They were staying at the mission and wandered out onto the street. First time
I'd seen that actually. Nice kids.

I told them to tell the director of the mission that the citizens were complaining about all the land
they were walling in and taking out of production. I suggested that they build a latrine close to the
street on some of the land they were taking. A little bit of charity for the neighborhood.
Most people around there have no toilets at all.
Nothing ever came of that suggestion for a little christianity.

So, there is a lilttle information on that St Marc mission, from a blan who has lived across the street
from them on Ave Maurepas.

I think they are low life scum.