16479: Kawolin: e: 16473: Goodman: Re: 16468: Sylvain: Re: 16425: Cunningham: Christians

From: KawolinA@aol.com

   It is often appalling to hear certain groups of people talking about
how without their help Haiti would not have been at this great corner in
history. Shame on them. Haiti is mired in this poverty because of their
very exploitation beginning with slavery to the killing of the native
Haitian pig so that they can dump chicken and turkey wings on the country
to the manufacturing of baseballs and other handmade and electronic
stuffs.  As a Haitian living in New York, I don't feel my living here is a
gift.  And I hope every Haitian in France, Portugal and wherever else,
where those very people have created unlivable conditions for us to stay
at home feel that they are entitled to be in these contries.  Not to
mention that their wealth came from labor of our forefathers and mothers
whom they had enslaved and our land they have pillaged of gold and else.
Whatever we can get from them we should.  They owe it to us.
Furthermore, the Haitian immigrant works and often does so under
conditions that the Natives of these countries won't accept.  We also
contribute in taxes, and again because some of our best intellectuals have
been pushed out of our country, we are in fair numbers in the professional
arenas in these countries.

Please!