16477: Chamberlain: IRI, Stanley Lucas and Aristide's assets (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

Nearly a month ago, Stanley Lucas, of the International Republican
Institute (IRI), invited told Corbetteers that Haitian needed "access to
accurate information."

Charles Arthur and I then separately asked him to provide "accurate
information" about the amount of money IRI had spent on the Democratic
Convergence, over what period of time, and for what professed purpose.
__________

Well said, Charles.  Unfortunately, a deafening silence has traditionally
greeted such "difficult" questions in Corbettland -- whether they concern
IRI, evidence of Aristide's supposed enormous wealth, Mildred's supposed
cell-phone operation or evidence of the Convergence's supposed violence.
People have been disappointingly more interested in the exciting business
of spreading the rumours about either side than with doing the hard work of
presenting concrete facts.

Mr Lucas, what do you have to tell us?  Or will you remain silent, and
still expect people to sign up?  If you choose silence, perhaps you can at
least tell us _why_ you cannot tell us anything?

And while we're about it can we also know (from the other side) _why_
Aristide refuses to obey the law of the land which requires that he declare
his assets to parliament?  Or is the famous "transparence" slogan of the FL
just a cruel joke?  Michelle?  Ira?  Or will you be as silent as Lucas...?

        Greg Chamberlain