16496: Re: 16425: Cunningham: Christians vs Voodoo (fwd)

From: Coulter Nicole <nicolecoulter@hotmail.com>

I agree that at times Christians behave in embarassing ways. This is why we
have little credibility in some areas, and are the butt of jokes in the media.
In the last 7 years my 16+ trips to Haiti have taught me alot. I respect their
culture, love them like my family and my life's wish is to offer them hope.

I am trying to do this through loving them, encouraging them, empowering
them... not preaching to them. My first trip, which was organized by my church,
I handed out little papers in the market that read "Vini kwasad aswe-a" Come to
the crusade tonight. A man said to me, "I am hungry and you give me a paper"
Another- "Sometimes I am so hungry I cannot pray"

St Frances of Assissi said it best, "Preach the gospel at all times and if
necessary use words" We should let our actions show God's goodness and grace,
this will be much more effective that firework "booms".

Nicole Coulter
Hut Outreach