16501: Sylvain: Re: 16473: Goodman: Re: 16468: Sylvain: (fwd)

From: patrick sylvain <sylvaipa@hotmail.com>

Once again, Brian Goodman's obstensible declaration further illustrates my
prior point. Anyone who is honest and who can deconstruct at the basic
level, would understand the problematic in history and would automatically
understand the power relations between the West and the rest of the World.
...Let me  acknowledge from the start our own (Haitians' ) responsibility,
albeit partial, in our global underdevelopment scheme. However, can the
Western Christian do-gooders fully recognized the burden of exploitation
that their various ancestors brought upon countries like Haiti? Point in
fact: between 1867 to 1952, 70% of Haiti's forest of Campeachy, Cedar and
Mahogany trees were exhaustively exploited by American companies; My
grandparents lands in Paillant were polluted and also mined to the core in
the mid-1920s by the American Company, Reynolds; Two of our constitutions
were written by the American Government during their 19 year occupation;
most of our major brutal and kleptomaniac dictators were supported and
funded by various American administrations... Brian, should I proceed?

As for religion, what we are seeing in Haiti and in most other third world
countries, is a continuation of the religious war that started since 1011
and moved full forced in the so-called New World in 1492 and the modern
American Capitalist Evangelical missionary tactic is just another fraction
from that religious conquest.  The Bible and the Gun were always the
officious trademark of the West.

By the way, as far I know, this country is legally call the "United States."
  The appropriation of the word "America" permeated the Institutions of the
United States in 1825 after Monroe's hegemonic declaration.

As far as immigrants in this country; you know the deal. We work our A..
off.  Who we are and what we have accomplished are the results of years of
hard work.  If this country was gracious, why didn't it give all the honey
to the Native Americans, African-Americans and to the millions of poor
whites. Does the Pennsylvania region of the Appalachian mountain mean
anything to you?

Of course, Haiti is still at the starting gate, wouldn't it be nice if
Westerners would stop rubbing her of her running shoes!!!

Peace,
Patrick.