16517: Edouard: Re: 16511: Durban replies to Karshan (fwd)

From: Felix Edouard <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

Durban states:

"The sweetness and harmony speeches
periodically directed at pep-la fail to mask a deep-seated anger and
loathing
of the Haitian elite.  Pep-la, Haiti's economic "have-nots", have only
their votes, while the people who could best help develop the country have
been
almost sub-consciously marginalized.  A persistent undercurrent of
anger, loathing, and jealousy apparently makes reaching out difficult."

I think Durban has hit the nail on the head. While questions presist on
Lavalas Corruption and items such as Aristide unwillingness to declare his
assets. I think what it comes down to is....Aristide does not believe he is
accountable to anyone but "pep la" and as the majority of the tough
questions from elite, middle class, foreigners or foreign governments. He
simply does not have to answer. Period.  The others are irrelevant unless
they are applying some sort of political or economic pressure. (e.g.
blocking loans)

When the pep ask questions like " why do I have no food or education for
children?" or "why is my life worst than it was 10 years ago?" In his poetic
use creole, Aristide simply blames the "blan" or whiteman. Much easier than
direct questions.

Whatever happened to our dreams of democracy?

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental