16535: Laleau: Re: 16434: Cunningham: More of God in Haiti!!

From: NLaleau@aol.com

I'm not nor ever have been a voudoisant, and I generally prefer not to
engage
in fruitless controversy on the List... but it makes me sad to read that
people
celebrate using Christ as a club to "break the back" of other people's
spirituality. It is so disrespectful and so arrogant that I'm pretty sure
Jesus
would turn his head in shame away from people who do this in his name.  As
understand it, Jesus's key teachings were: (1) love your neighor as
yourself
for the love of God;  (2) feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty,
visit
those in prison... etc. If those actions show the light of Jesus and his
teachings, there would be no need to "break the back" of other people's
religious beliefs.--nancylaleau