16521: Dorce:Re:16508:Vishnusurf: Re:16502:Renmen Ayiti:Re:16488:Chamberla... (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/23/03 3:44:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
VISHNUSURF@aol.comwrites:

<< would appreciate a courteous response to the list here, as i am sure that i
 would be wasting my time approaching the "lobbyists"...

 so, howabout some courteous and hopefully truthful insight from someone in
 the know and on the payroll?

 i, for one, if i were aristide, would hire chamberlin as palace foreign press
 liaison if for no other reason than that he has a room named for him at the
 oloffson... >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
A courteous question will no doubt get a courteous response.  I think
Michelle Karshan has offered very measured responses to most posts requesting her
input.  However Mr. Chamberlain can be quite acerbic and disrespectful, so there
should be no surprise that her response was in kind.  I'm sure Michelle does
not have the authority to answer these questions put to her about the
transparancy of Aristide's government, most especially on this list.  "Liason" suggests
that a journalist speaks to the government through her and the information
given is controlled and selective.  That is the nature of the liason.  Even in
the US or Great Britain this is so (I wish our media were as vigilant as these
guys!).  What's the harrasssment about?  Puttting questions to the government
and holding them accountable is a good thing.  But I don't think it's
appropriate to put her on the spot on this list.

Note: Perhaps Mick Jaggar should be Foreign Press Liason as he has a room
named after him at the Oloffson.

Kathy Dorce~