16553: Laleau: Ruling gender

From: NLaleau@aol.com

I kind of like the idea of nuns running the Haitian government...  but if
women
took power I'm not convinced they would be much different from men. I
don't
remember the mythical days of Wicca and the pre-patriarchy, but in
discussing
this with women friends, sometimes we  wonder if while women ruled, it got
so
ugly that finally the men took over. I don't think race, gender, or even
class
necessarily guarantee good government. I'd like to think the "content of
one's
character" and not "the color of one's skin" (or gender, or religion,
etc.) has
something to do with it, however. --nancy laleau