16556: Kathleen: Re: 16553: Laleau: Ruling gender (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

I love the image of nuns running the govt!  (Not the idea)
In Papay, the Little Sisters of Saint Thèrese and the three schools in which
they taught literally surrounded where I lived.  They were SUCH an asset to
the area, and I just loved talking with them.  But what you said about
character RULES ,as does "Beggared horsemen race their steeds."  People
unused to power are, in my experience, the worst at abusing it. Hasn't Haiti
already had some experience with female senators and even a president?   kb