16568: Durban apologizes to Karshan (sort of) (fwd)

From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>

In the recent thread on Foreign Press Liaison Michelle Karshan's
silence on certain "difficult questions" posed by Greg
Chamberlain and my response to Michelle, Kathy Dorce replies:

   ...why the harassment (of Michelle)?  "And then, inhale
   deeply and lighten up" is insulting and humiliating not
   to mention Chamberlain-esque.  Michelle has a voice,
   yes, but she is limited as to what she can say, as she
   is employed by the government.  There's nothing odd about
   that.  If the government is not forthcoming that is a
   problem but it is not her fault.  Browbeating and belittling
   her will not produce the information you are looking for.

First off, my apologies to Michelle, because I did not mean to
be insulting and humiliating and (God forbid),
Chamberlain-esque.  Strange that our moderator let that
impertinence on my part somehow slip through.

Quite beyond the philosophical argument in my post, however, I
think a general "lightening up" is a good idea for anyone
engaged in a forum such as the Corbett Group.   My
aforementioned comment was made with a smile and in the
delightful recognition that, in her animated response to Greg,
Michelle had actually dropped her usual formal tone of FOREIGN
PRESS LIAISON.  Actually, I loved hearing the real Michelle's
very human response... although maybe I should be thanking Greg
for eliciting it with his Chamberlain-esque comparing of
Michelle with the still-silent Stanley Lucas.  (OK, Stanley,
don't be so bashful now...)

Retain that sense of humor, folks.  It's what helps us all get
through the day...  (as for you, Kathy Dorce, you gotta know I
am mulling over a response to your post on factory work)

Lance Durban