16582: Ewen: Re: 16575: Kathleen: Re: 16572: Karshan: How the U.S. impoverished Haiti (San Francisco Bay View) (fwd)

From: Stephen Ewen <ewenste@bellsouth.net>

Kathleen wrote,

>That's right, keep blaming the U.S. and other entities.  And celebrate
>the 200th anniversary of "independence?"  What do we say about adults in
>their 30s who still blame, however "justly", their parents and do nothing
>clean up their own acts? Do we respect their "independence?" kb

Alright, let us further apply your analogy to the case of Haiti.

All of the adult-child literature in the psychological journals indicates
how people can be chronologically in their 30s yet, because of past abuse
issues, be very considerably younger in more important ways.  The
literature also gives clear direction to parents on how they can help get
their
children "unstuck," so they may grow along into health-filled freedom and
become all they can possibly be.

Specifically, wise parents should in all humility ask their children,"What
can
I do to help complete your healing from my past abuse toward you,
so you can truly complete your independence into adulthood?" The parent
should then stand ready to take servant actions in response to their
children's
expressions, then truly cut the cord as their children walk into a
newfound
freedom from their past.

On the other hand, foolish parents raise up in self-protective pride and,
in a condescending spirit and with words in keeping, say things to their
children that are exactly in the vein of what Kathleen and Brain Goodman
has stated above. The modality of these foolish parents is to then turn
around
and further justify themselves and blame their child whenever their
children
encounter new problems.

U.S. policy toward Haiti is like this latter "dysfunctional family."  It
is like
a foolish "Parent" with an abused "child."  It is time for this insight to
at last
penetrate the thick denial of the Foolish Parent--even if it comes 200
years
too late.

Stephen Ewen