16592: Sajousp: Re: 16585: Racine125@aol.com re:

From: Sajousp@aol.com

I must concur with Mambo albeit sadly.Her analysis is right to the
point.One
could probably argue that this behavior of the haitian society,which by
the way
exists at all levels of the social structure, is due to its past
colonization (
after 200 years it is indeed a weak argument).As a society we have chosen
emulate only the negative influences of our african and french heritage
and
somehow managed to avoid the positives.This behavior of tearing each other
down
is also evident on this list and is being transcended by  the ones who
have
"adopted" Haiti.Why,how, as a society we have elected such a behavior is
beyond
me.Unfortunately it is not a class issue,it is a haitian issue.
Congratulations to Mambo on identifying this problem for the list readers.
Pierrot