16617: porthaiti::: The Haitian Family Day Picnic (fwd)

From: The Port Haiti News <porthaiti-mail@intermediahaiti.com>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
HAITIAN FAMILY DAY
HAFAD2003 - Prelude to 2004
Newsletter
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
ALL HAITIANS Representing:
Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien, Jacmel, Saint-Marc, Gonaives, Miragoane, Leogane, Grand Goave, Les Cayes, Port-de-Paix, Jeremie, Petit-Goave, Petionville, Carrefour, Bas Peu de Choses, Cotes de Fer, Ouanaminte, Archaie, Hinche, Limbe, Croix-des-Bouquets, Etc... Etc...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome to the third and final edition of the Haitian Family Day picnic (HAFAD2003) Newsletter. With only days left to the big reunion, we have all the pieces in place to guarantee you a successful event. We feel that we have done a good job keeping you informed of our progress. At this point everyone is impatiently waiting for HAFAD2003, the "Prelude to 2004", on Sunday September 7, 2003.

1- The day is around the corner.
2- Entertainment update
3- Tickets information
4- Vendors update - Shopping at HAFAD2003
5- Directions to the park
6- Press coverage - special guests.
7- Our list of proud sponsors
8- Legal matters
9- Let's get the word out to all Haitians

1- THE DAY IS AROUND THE CORNER
With only days to go, we are putting the final touches on the planning of HAFAD2003, the great Haitian Family Day reunion. The amount of responses from Haitians everywhere has been substantial. Many are planning to make the trip again this year to NY City to be part of HAFAD. It is great to see that the unfortunate cancellation of the event last year has not discouraged anyone. We promised to be back, so here we are. All we need now is your support. We hope that you are ready for HAFAD2003.

2- ENTERTAINMENT UPDATE
The entertainment program is pretty much set as presented in the last newsletter. We can add that the fashion show we have scheduled will be presented by Expose Fashion, produced by Roupy Entertainment.
Get ready to enjoy the great sound of Classic konpa brought to you by Tabou Combo, Top Vice, Shleu Shleu, Florida Twoubadou, 718-BOYZ, U-Five, Vision X. Dance troupes: Anakawona and Davivada dancers. R&B group "Assasin", Rated R, Princess Georgie,Krys etc.

3- TICKETS INFORMATION
Tickets are now on sale in many locations in Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island, NY. For exact locations check the web site at www.rockmasters.com/hafad/tickets.htm. Ticket prices are $15 in advance and $20 at the gate. $10 for children under 12. Children under 6 are free.
Remember that tickets from last year are valid for the full admission price. Be sure to bring yours with you at the park. Also as we said previously, wristbands will be issued to everyone to give you flexibility to go in and out of the picnic area. No one will be permitted in the controlled picnic area without a wristband.

4- VENDORS UPDATE
Our vendors list keep growing, so there will be some great shopping opportunities at HAFAD2003. Among them are, Pillows & Things, Chez Franchie restaurant, La Nina Hot pepper sauce, NY Life, Family Auto Body, Dutch travel & computer sales, Solange Variety, T-Shirt companies from LA and PA, Salmon Dev. Real Estate, Le Palace Bakery , Christian Church, Coquita Bakery, Finesse Novelty, World Sound Sunday, Carri Art, Good taste Ice Cream, CD sales, Global Consulting Firm, Trepicia Gallery , Color Vision art, Gina's week end Tours etc, etc.
Requested insertion: If you are on a spiritual journey, or would like to be on one, don't miss the Christian Science Reading Room exhibit with the best-selling book Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. These books will be available in both English and French at discounted prices along with thought-provoking tapes, magazines and booklets

Special Services: The Aesclepius Medical Society (AMS) will be on location with a team of doctors to provide all type of medical screening. So take advantage of this great free service provide by Haitian doctors.

5- DIRECTIONS TO THE PARKS
The parks is very accessible from all areas and only minutes away from the borders of Queens into Long Island. From the Northern State or the Southern State parkway take the Meadowbrook parkway to exit M4 or M5. For complete directions from all areas, visit the site at www.rockmasters.com/hafad/Directions.htm.

6- PRESS COVERAGE & SPECIAL GUESTS
There will be plenty of live coverage of the event from many media companies. We welcome Radio Television Konbit (RTK) from Cap Haitien which will broadcast the event in the north. Coverage and reporting by Robenson Louis, Journalist at Radio Kiskeya in Haiti. We will also have with the WBLS van that will broadcast live, including WLIB (Moment Creole), Radio Positive in Queens etc., most of the major Haitian newspapers in NY and possibly by Newsday in LI. In addition there will be coverage by many of the Haitian internet web sites.

Among those on our list of special invited guests are: The Haitian Consul in NY and his staff, The Haitian Ambassador to the UN, the supervisor of East Meadows and many others dignitaries.

7- OUR LIST OF PROUD SPONSORS
Unitransfer, Aesclepius Medical Society, CAM, Belimage, Moment Creole (WLIB1190AM), Haitiens Aujourd'hui, Boyo Magazine, NAAHD, Haiti Observateur, Duch Travel agency, All Care Medical & Rehab, Solange Variety, Caribbean voice, Harricardeau TV show, Le Bon Pate, Symphony signs, Marie-Paule Dupiton MD, Law firm of Agbayewa-Mayas-Raymond & Roy, Dr Dalmacy, Kitiko Insurance, Sakapfet.com, Fouye.com, Kompamania.com, Haitixchange.com, Heritagekonpa.com, Haitiwebs.com, Archivex-ht.com, sakpasecompas.com. kompaoriginal.com, InterMediaHaiti.com

- Finally, you are welcome to bring your folding chairs and blankets to relax on the beautiful grass, picnic basket, games and everything else you need to make your day fabulous. No cooking allowed. There will be great food available from the best Haitian restaurants and caterers.

8- LEGAL MATTERS
All the legal matters for this event are being handled by Emmanuel Roy, ESQ. of the law firm of Agbayewa, Mayas, Raymond & Roy with office in 703 Flatbush Ave Suite 3, Brooklyn, NY 11225. Other offices in Manhattan and Florida. For any legal question, he can be contacted at 718-282-3311.
- Liability Insurance was handled by James St Furcy of Kitiko Corp Agency, 1396 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210. (718)859-5903

9- FOR ONE LAST TIME - Let's get the word out to all Haitians
We have done our best to deliver the message about this event to all Haitians via e-mail, Internet web sites, Newspapers, radio, TV, flyers and postal mailing. Â We now ask for your support by passing the word out by forwarding this newsletter to everyone in your address book.

Haitians support Haitians, let's make HAFAD2003 a great Haitian event - Click on your "Forward icon" now...

Sincerely,

The HAFAD Picnic Committee
RockMasters Entertainment
http://www.rockmasters.com/hafad/
JeanElie@aol.com
haitianday@rockmasters.com

For more information, visit the official picnic web site at
http://www.rockmasters.com/hafad/
If you did not get this e-mail directly from us, then join our mailing list
http://www.rockmasters.com/entertainment-list-sign-up.htm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This message on behalf of "The Haitian Family Day (HAFAD) Picnic" is brought to you by:

Port Haiti
http://www.port-haiti.com
The Internet Information Port dedicated to Haiti and to the Haitian People

InterMedia
http://www.intermediahaiti.com
The Internet Communications Network of Haiti

Subscribe & Unsubscribe Information Below
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
TO UNSUBSCRIBE CLICK HERE
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-ph/ or
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-add-remove/sub-unsub.html
or cut and paste either of the URL addresses above into your browser
or return this e-mail to InterMedia by clicking reply.

If you do not know or remember how you are subscribed
to any of the InterMedia mailing lists
or do not know which of your addresses is subscribed
or if you experience any difficulty unsubscribing
please advise:
postmaster@intermedia-haiti.com
or
abuse@intermedia-haiti.com
where your message will receive immediate attention.

Best Regards,

InterMedia
The Internet Communications Network of Haiti
22 Angle des Rues Ogé et Magny
P.O. Box 16042
Petionville, Haiti
Telephone: (509) 511-1314