16619: lyall on public works and circulation (fwd)

From: j.david <bouncemaster@lyalls.net>

A little bit of news. Public works is actually repairing and re-covering
the kenscoff road up out of PetionVille. I am amazed. This is the first
pavement that I have seen Titid's government install.

They've built new curbs and gutters out of stone. By hand, the proper
way here. A new layer of tarmac has been laid up past Pelerin 6.
I don't know how far up they are going to lay it. At least to Laboule
I hope. That is where all the sand trucks come from. They should shut
down that quarry really. Its a menace.

There was a notice in the paper last week from circulation that parts of
Rue Panamerican/John Brown (Lalue) will be no parking/stopping zones
during rush hours. A remarkable piece of good sense.

It would be very helpful if the tap taps were forced to actually use the
pull out which have been built on some of the newer roads. They stop
right BEFORE the pull outs, rendering them less than useful.

Maybe someday they will actually do safety checks on big trucks
and busses. Seeing them go down the road sideways because the
springs are about to fall off the axles is real harrowing. They kill a lot
of people from complete negligence.