16618: non-list member: Haiti/UN question (fwd)

From: "Denis, Gary C" <DenisGC@navair.navy.mil>

[Can anyone help this person with his question?  If so, please write back
to the list, but also write him at:

DenisGC@navair.navy.mil

so that he will get the reply.  But, I think others will be interested
too.]

Hi Bob,

I came across your website and wonder if you could answer a question for me
--  when did Haiti join the United Nations??

I have an envelope postmarked May 3, 1943, to which someone added artwork to
the left of the envelope showing Haiti's flag and the text "United Nations."
I was wondering if the 5/3/43 date is significant, i.e. that is the date
Haiti became a U.N. member?

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,

Gary Denis