16660: jacqui: south of Aux Cayes

>From Jacqui Labrom voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Thank you for telling me where the Taino drawings in a cave were – I
had
heard about them but didn’t know where exactly they were – but
it
sounds like it would be difficult to reach them. Must contact my local
guides
down there and find out the scoop.

here IS A ROAD round Port-a-Piment – a new road was built several
months
ago, which goes from Port Salut (don’t ask me why they didn’t
do it
from Aux Cayes) all the way round past Port-a-Piment, Les Anglais,
Tiburon,
Anse d’Hainault right to Dame Marie. Unfortunately it doesn’t
take
in the last bit of Abricots and Anse du Clerc (a truly lovely area with a
cute
little hotel on the beach). The bridge is out I gather between Dame Marie
and
Abricots and the road from Abricots to Anse du Clerc has got to be the
worst
road in the country – 4 wheel drive only for part of the way.

But I’ve had a couple of friends who have done the whole round
–
either from Dame Marie, or from Port Salut and they said it was lovely
countryside. I only know it from the back of a mule!!

Mind you the road from Dame Marie into Jeremie is wonderful – you
follow
the Rivire Grande Anse all the way along and you see the wonderful
Pipirit’s transporting produce to the big market at Marfranc.

Jacqui Labrom