16661: Kathleen: Re: 16654: Vishnusurf: Re: 16645: Laleau: Port Salut (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

I loved Port à Piment even before I knew about the Taino cave paintings.  It
is about an hour's drive (given no risen river) further along the peninsula
after kay, and the beach is a New Englander's dream come true in the winter.
Port Salut is a vacation/retreat destination for the Little Brothers of
Saint Thèrese, and the laypeople who work with them in Papay, improving the
soil.
 It's so good to read some positive and true entries to the list.  How do
you get to the Taino caves?  There are wonderful caves at Bassin Zim, seven
miles north of Papay in the Central Plateau.  Above the falls, which you can
walk behind before you jump into the water, are two caves:  one has ancient
carvings and the other is used to worship the old mother manifestation of
Ezuli.

kb