16669: Laleau: Port-a-Piment

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Vishnusurf, Port-a-Piment could also be wonderful but they would
definitely have to do something about the road!!!  (I think this was
Port-a-Piment but it could have been another coastal town).I remember
trying to
cross it in a 4x4 after rain. Two "drowned" vehicles were already in the
rocks
and it looked like ours would be third. Our driver decided to barrel
across,
with water was up to the windows, and then it lifted us UP!! Yikes!!! I
wasn't
worried about getting personally drowned, but I didn't want to be in a
second
UN vehicle that got drowned (I'd already drowned a first one at Gelee
Beach).
Anyway, somehow we found bottom and got across. The southern coast is
magnificent, all the way to Tiburon...with decently managed development it
would be a paradise... nancy laleau