16671: O'Brien: caves at Bassin Zim RE: 16661: Kathleen: Re: 16654: Vishnusurf: Re: 16645: Laleau: Port Salut (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

I've been to the falls at Bassin Zim, and the local fellows hanging around
waiting to guide you up the trail which leads to the cave at the head of
the falls are always most obliging and have always graciously accepted
whatever payment we offered.  The falls are indeed beautiful and
impressive, and the cave which I have seen is interesting because there is
an opening in the ceiling which lets in a ray of light.  None of the guides
I've been with have ever mentioned a second cave or ancient carvings.  I'd
love to have further info on that.

Thanks--

Martha O'Brien