15682: Laleau: Why is Haiti stuck?

From: NLaleau@aol.com

I was asked to give a job reference for a woman, and I cited Haiti as an
example similar to our former clinic work environment. I said, "The
garbage
trucks pick up garbage in one neighborhood and instead of taking it to the
dump, they dump it in another neighborhood to make somebody else look
bad."
(This was really happening in Haiti in 1995-96.) The California clinic was
going bankrupt but the front office sabotaged the back office's work to
make
them look unproductive. Where was the money coming from to pay the front
office
staff? From the back office staff's work, curiously. But it was more
important
for some people to make others look bad than to see that they all had a
common
interest. And that was in California. --nancy laleau