16685: Kathleen: Re: 16675: pparyski: Re: 16670: Laleau: reforestation (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Dear Paul - I cringe whenever "celebrations of 200 years of independence"
are mentioned.  Is money going to be spent on these celebrations?  Of
course.  Where will the money come from?  Certainly not France or the U.S.
and going to them for money contradicts the "reason" for celebrating.  Did
you read Lance Durban's op-ed piece?  I think it's a great idea, which means
it will never happen, I suppose.  All those strong young men with nothing to
do, all the money needed that could be earned.  kb