16694: OBrien : Bassim Zim. Corbett adds

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

Bassin Zim is in the Central Plateau--not too far from Hinche/Papaye--not
close to Les Cayes.

Martha

In 1952 Hugh B. Cave published his marvelous book on Haiti called HAITI
HIGHROAD TO ADVENTURE.  Chapter 6 is about a visit to Bassim Zim which
Cave and his family made with the legendary Sister Joan Margaret of
Ecole St. Vincent.  What always struck me about Cave's 1952 account was
that it could have been written in 1985 -- the date of my first visit --
in the mid-90s on a return visit.  Anyone who can locate that awesome
book, I recommend not only chapter 6, but the whole book.

Bob Corbett