16688: Kathleen Re: 15682: Laleau: Why is Haiti stuck? (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

The garbage thing was also happening 2001-2.  Disgusting.  I think it's a
human thing, though, to spite one's better off neighbor, when you're not
kissing up to him/her that is, not just Haitian; except for the garbage
pickup, which is under control of the local govt in countries other than
Haiti.  In Paris in the '70s, the poor Communist quarters had regular
pickup; in the U.S. as long as I can remember, the poor neighborhoods in
every city I know have inferior pickup and snowplowing.kb