16689: Du Tuyau on Roots-Racine, and Folklore music (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

Dear all,

With all respect and profound respectability, I say "folklore music" because, when I child in Haiti, one great musician folklore was named Simidor. I hope Mister Simidor no mad. Just little remembering for me. Every time I see name Simidor, I remember great troubadour guy.

In all seriosity today, my seriousness is about culture and points interesting from Mister Simidor with great musicality in writing, and Missers-going-to-the-roots-Racine.

Okay, get to the point, boy... I getting there. Wait, wait, wait...

Missers Racine, I agree with points you make in the gist of the point. But I know you make point with honest, kindest, gentlest honesty. Kind of remind me of politician in 1988 in United-States-Great-States election, who want to build a "kinder, gentler nation". Now, we see what it means that means for his offspring. Anyway ... No, I no talking about billions of "zorèy Titid" for money from France. It's for real, this time.

I agree 100 million percent with Missers Racine, but I disagree with one little point Missers Racine says she makes on culture superiority and inferiority. That for me, after thinking little bit, is dangerous liaison with racist right-wingers through her honesty in frustration.

I no never think one culture is superiority from another culture. I thinking maybe, culture is little bit like house build to reside on the land against bad weather, the sun, the rain, the moon, etc that are all nature. It depends like this, like if you build the house (culture) for everyone to reside inside house, or if you build the house for everyone of your friend to reside in it. In cases 1 and 2, it works. Except that some people-very-many stay inside house, and some people-very-few reside outside house. When in case 1 like the tent is big, everybody live little bit in harmony like 70's song from ABBA(?):
"Ebony, Ivory,
Living in perfect harmony."

Oh I like that song. Makes me remembering Casa Blanca long time ago in Carrefour, with my friendly people Dominican friends when I say to them in bathing suits: "what-to be-tonight-del-congeglo".

For seriousness, the bigger the tent for case 1, that makes culture and country successful.

In cases number 2, some people live in house and some people outside house who call their little big selves leaders want to reside in house too, but only for them to kick others inside to the outside and kill them too if they can kill them. Nevertheless, when little big selves leaders now inside house, they no sharing either, or build house bigger little bit by little bit. They do same thing like before. That why is why Haiti is the country of Palace revolutions hehehe kra-kra-kra, sadly so.

What Haitians for understanding need for knowing and doing, is to correct the wrongness in the culture that prevail and are so prevalent like this. Haitians need to understanding, that they need bigger tent for everyone to have little space private away from the sun, the wind, the moon, the rain when water falls from the sky, the snow.

Oh no the snow? We no have no snow. Except that Michele Bennet in early 1980's after marriage with fat Baby-the-Doc, buys fur coat in Paris and build special room in Palais National to feel very cold, iceberg-like, so she can wear coat in Palace as Baby Doc's wife.

Anyway, mesdames et monsieurs, Haiti is funny country, country of crazy people politicians moun fou. That why is why, I smile every morning when I wake up because I know I going to read news on Haiti for me to laugh instead of cry. I cynical person like this.