16699: Slavin: On Bassin Zim (fwd) Corbett adds

From: PSlavin@unicefusa.org

Before heading on my first trip to the Plateau Central last year, a friend
made it clear to me that I had to see Bassin Zim. When I got there, just
after dawn a few days later, I understood why. The waterfalls and the
clear-water pool are a Caribbean wonder -- especially as the water rolls
down the boulder in a pyramid-shape. My only regret is that there wasn't
time for a quick dip. In fact, the whole Plateau is a real treat --
assuming you can afford a jeep.

[Corbett interjects;  Patrick, I recommend a horse.  It's great for the
plateau.]

A sprawling elevated plain heading north to
Cap and well east into the Dominican, with mango trees and wild tall grass
-- makes you want to be rancher... and makes you wonder what else besides
the Bassin is out there.  Of course when you're in the Plateau Central, as
in other parts of the country like the Department of the South, you often
ask in bewilderment, "And Haiti is a hungry nation?"

Patrick

UNICEF in Iraq: Operation Child Survive
http://www.unicefusa.org/emergencies/iraq/index.html