16709: Slavin on O'Brien and Charlemagne Perrault (fwd)

From: PSlavin@unicefusa.org

Thank you Martha O'Brien for the 411 on another Bassin in the Plateau
Central. Just to the dot the i on the Charlemagne Perrault & Cacos
reference: in Hinche's main square stands an impressive statue of M.
Perrault. Re Kathleen's point about municipalities in the Plateau having
"little parks" (I noticed that, too, like in Maissade): I wonder if the
parks were left behind by the U.S. Marines during the Occupation -- as they
must have spent quite a bit of time in the Plateau Central, and in large
numbers, hunting Perrault and the Cacos.

Patrick
 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF and make a difference in the lives of millions
of children worldwide. Visit unicefusa.org/trickortreat to get your orange
box or donate now!