16731: Laleau: On Herb Gold's review of the Kidder book

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Herb Gold's review is confusing. It may be "another take on Kidder's book"
and
although Gold tries to be critical of Farmer/Kidder, I still come away
with
nothing but admiration for Farmer. So he's a manic ADHD overachiever?
Yeah? So
he married a woman who's okay with his monomaniacal dedication to his
dream? So
what? So he works effectively although his "idol" poured water on his own
clay
feet? Fantastic! I read Herb's book "Greatest Little Nightmare..." and
liked
it, but I also had my criticisms of his apparent preoccupation with
relatively
trivial issues, like his frequent observations on what people were doing
with
whomever in bed. Does Herb miss the larger humanistic point of Farmer's
mission
because it isn't "sexy"? --nlaleau