16746: Michael: Resurrection Dance Theater on tour (fwd)

From: Michael <sjfamily@haiti.maf.net>

Hello Everybody!

 We are in the midst of planning and packing for the fall tour of the
 Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti. We will have stops in Cincinnati,
 Chicago, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We are combining
 fund-raising performances in Ohio, Minnesota and Iowa with our
 participation in DanceAfrica Chicago.

 Our performance schedule varies from 30-minute to 90-minute performances
 of the RDTH to presenting two dances at DanceAfrica Chicago. During this
 tour, Peter Eyvindson, the author of Soni's Mended Wings, will be joining
 the dancers and drummers of the Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti. They
 will combine their talents to present shows that feature new and classic
 numbers from the RDTH repertoire.

 Below is a list of the times and places you can catch a performance. We
 hope to see you while we are on the road.

October 4

2 p.m. and 7 p.m.

University of Cincinnati - The Great Hall

(Parking underneath in the parking garage to the Corbett Theater. A short walk to the building where the Great Hall is located. Entry at the Main Desk near entrance to UC bookstore. Take Elevator to Great Hall.)

These will be full 90-minute performances by the Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti and Peter Eyvindson.

October 11

2 p.m.

Beverly Arts Center - 2407 West 111th St., Chicago

This is a 60-minute lecture/demonstration by the RDTH.

October 12

1:30 p.m.

University of Chicago International House - 1414 E. 59th St., Chicago

This is a 30-minute preview performance by the RDTH.

October 13

6 p.m.

Fleetwood Jourdain Community Center - 1655 Foster Ave., Evanston, IL.

This is a 60-minute lecture/demonstration by the RDTH.

October 14

6:30 p.m.

Hamilton Park Cultural Center - 513 West 72nd St., Chicago

This is a 30-minute preview performance by the RDTH.

October 17

8 p.m.

Chicago Theater - 175 N. State Street, Chicago

DanceAfrica Chicago - The RDTH will present 2 dances during this show, which features professional dancers and theater performers around the theme of "Freedom." Ticket and show information available at www.danceafricachicago.com

October 18

Ticket and show information available at www.danceafricachicago.com

October 19

2 p.m.

Ticket and show information available at www.danceafricachicago.com

October 21

7 p.m.

Arlington Hills Presbyterian Church - 1275 E. Magnolia Ave., St. Paul, MN

This will be a full 90-minute performance by the Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti and Peter Eyvindson.

October 24

7:30 p.m.

St. Joseph The Worker Catholic Church - 7180 Hemlock Lane, Maple Grove, MN

This will be a full 90-minute performance by the Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti and Peter Eyvindson.

October 25

7 p.m.

Woodbury United Methodist Church - 7465 Steepleview Road, Woodbury, MN

This will be a full 90-minute performance by the Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti and Peter Eyvindson.

October 29

7 p.m.

Xavier High School  - 6300 42nd St. N.E., Cedar Rapids, IA

This will be a full 90-minute performance by the Resurrection Dance Theater of Haiti and Peter Eyvindson.

sjfamily@pobox.com