16805: Warkentien: Researcher needs help

From: Siri Warkentien <siriwarkentien@yahoo.com>

[Corbett comments:  Siri Warkentien is not a list member.  Please reply
to:  siriwarkentien@yahoo.com  and do not hit the reply button to send it
to me.   Thank you.  ]

I am proposing to do a small research project in Haiti next year, and am
wondering if anyone can help me with identifying some useful resources in
two
areas. First,  I would like to look into the works of Haitian classical
composers and am wondering what universities or libraries contain the most
information on this topic. Second, I would like to analyze the funding
available for musicians, government or otherwise, (if it exists at all)
and
wonder if that information is documented anywhere. I am aware that
census-type
information is spotty at best, but any people or places to contact would
be
very helpful. Thanks,
Siri Warkentien (siriwarkentien@yahoo.com)