16813: From Radio Caraibe: Posted anonymously

Port-au-Prince Radio Caraibes FM in Creole 9/24/03

 [Announcer] Jules Andre, who is a member of the OPDR [Democratic People's
Organization of Raboteau] and Cannibal Army in Gonaives, gives more
explanations about the origin of Amiot Metayer's murder. Andre speaks as
follows at the microphone of Radio Caraibe FM:

[Begin Andre recording] I personally was there at Metayer's house, on the
balcony of the first floor of Metayer's house when Odonel Paul came to
Metayer's house. He told Metayer that he came from Port-au-Prince and that
he was on his way to Cap-Haitien. He said that his vehicle hit a pole and
that he had to take the vehicle to the garage. He explained that that was
the reason why he had to take a taxi to go and see Metayer. They talked
about different things and he even complained to Metayer because Metayer did
not make him departmental city delegate.

He said that he brought some men with him, he had an issue with those men,
and that those men are not friends of Metayer. That means that he brought
some proof of conviction.

They went out together between noon and 1230 PM in Metayer's vehicle. I do
not know where they went. And when they got back, they talked about the same
thing again. He went out again with Metayer at about 0500 PM together with a
partisan of Metayer whose name is Timinis. Timinis told me that when they
got to Grand-Rue in Gonaives, Odonel made Timinis get out of the car and
said that he had something to take care of with Metayer. Then around 0730,
Metayer came back alone and said that he had something to do with Odonel and
came to change his shoes. We did not hear from him after that until we
received the news of his death.

We led our own investigation on Sunday [as heard] morning because we knew
that Metayer was not in the habit of staying out overnight. A close friend
of Metayer whose name is Dieu-Juste Jeanty personally told me that he has a
friend who works at the National Palace; then he will call that friend to
find out if Odonel was in Port-au-Prince. Dieu-Juste then called that friend
at the National Palace and asked her if she saw Odonel. The thing is that
that friend did not know that Dieu-Juste was trying to get information from
her. That lady friend told him: "Odonel was here with us a while ago in the
National Palace." What I am saying now happened Sunday morning. I am
explaining all that because Mario Dupuy said that Odonel has not been to the
National Palace since the departure of the Preval administration.

We feel really bad when Dupuy is lying like that. Dupuy is a liar. Odonel
spent the day at the National Palace on Monday following Metayer's murder
Sunday night. After the assassination, Odonel went to give a report to his
chief, Oriel Jean. He went to let him know that he killed Metayer. So, we
are clear on that. Odonel was in the palace from 1000 AM to 0300 PM. After
he left the National Palace he rode in an Isuzu Trooper vehicle, cream color
with white stripes. When he was in Gonaives with that same Isuzu Trooper,
the vehicle had the old license plate. But when he reached the palace he
replaced it with an "Officiel" license plate. He is now driving around in
Port-au-Prince with that same vehicle with an "Officiel" license plate.

I am really surprised to hear that Dismy Cesar [member of Aristide's private
cabinet] is holding the opposition and the enemies of the government
responsible for Metayer's murder. We denounce those lies, we affirm and
declare that it is the Lavalas government that murdered Amiot Metayer.

We regard Dupuy as a cassette, Aristide's recording. Aristide makes the
recording, and Dupuy just plays it. We know very well what is going on. We
had wanted to let Dupuy know that he was Aristide's recording, the
government's recording, but were unable to do so. But today that we are
victims, we can freely say that he is a recording, a programmed baby. He
only says what Aristide tells him to say. As for us, we know who caused our
blood to be shed.

But we want to say this to Dupuy: whether it is because Aristide killed Jean
Dominique and whether it is that denunciation that led to Metayer's death.
We want to know too if it is because Metayer had asked to block the way on
17 December that he is now dead. We know that Metayer is dead because
Aristide thinks that Metayer's execution would resolve one of the key points
of OAS Resolution 822. Aristide killed Amiot Metayer so that he can hold
elections. That is why we are standing against him to say: Elections will
not take place. We want Aristide to leave office. As for us, we consider
Amiot Metayer's death a major element for the departure of Jean-Bertrand
Aristide just like in 1994. Our blood was shed so that Aristide could return
to the country. That is what we stand for today.