16826: Saint-Vil Re: 16811: Simidor re Paul Farmer article (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Konpatriyòt Simidor,
Upon reading your piece, the thought that came to me is this, in these very,
very, very sad times of our Nation's existence, I fail to understandhow my
fellow haitian progressives go about chosing their battles.
As we speak, a bloodbath of black on black violence is being fueled at home by
the most vicious historical enemies we've ever known as a people. And here we
are expending our energy criticizing Paul Farmer?
Come on man ! This I could take from someone who does know how the New Jewel
movement was destroyed in Grenada, how Congolese independance was stolen from
Patrice lumumba's Congo, how fratricidal violence was financed within the Black
Panther Party, Malcom's Nation of Islam, Move etc....This I can take from all
the naive folks who don't understand why Winnie Mandela is in jail today while
P.W.Botha and Frederick De Clerk are tanning on the beaches of South Africa.
But, I cannot for the life of me understand what motivates you my brother.
Frankly m' bwè pwa.
As I have been saying for many years now, it is not Jean-Bertrand Arisitide
that the right wing governments of Christendom want to topple. What they are
after is the creation of conditions that will ensure any Haitian leader or
movement, from now on, will enjoy at most 30% of popular support. That way, who
ever that leader is, he will be constantly vulnerable and in need of their
support to keep desenters in check. They don't care about Convergence anymore
than they do about Lavalas, MPP or anything else. In fact they have set in
motion the events to ensure the total destruction of all these movements
through strategic fratricide. They've done told us who their real allies are.
Brother Simidor, Paul Farmer is not the target. He is one of the very few
Americans we can truly count as a friend. There may be differences in the way
you, him, I and others read the situation in Haiti, but I'd rather worry about
Jesse Helms and his pupils Roger Noriega et al. working their magic in Haiti
today my brother. Really !
And, if I take the time to write this to you my brother, it is because I
believe you, I and the myriad of other Haitian progressives who have been
witness to the systematic killing of our dreams since the early 80's must do
all that is in our power to focus our energies on the real targets.
For, as we write these lines, another black man in Port-au-Prince, in Gonaives,
in Site Soley is using an AK47, an Uzi (made in and distributed by USA) to kill
his black brother. We have seen Rwanda, we saw Sierra Leone and Cote
d'Ivoire.... since we do not possess helicopers which we can send rescue our
own, shouldn't we work on prevention?
Yours brotherly,
Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»