16835: Senou: Haitians need to get their act together and stop blaming others (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Haitians need to get their act together and stop
blaming others

We must learn to be thankful to those who helped us in
the past. In 1994, the United States took the lead in
restoring the legitimate president of Haiti. At that
moment, it was the right thing to do. When Haiti took
its independence, Dessalines and his folks decided for
the country’s best interest to eliminate the French.
Again, at that moment, these folks were afraid of an
imminent return of the French army. Today, we know the
Republic of France was stuck with the war in Europe
and the French government had no plan to take Haiti
back.

This is another story.

Haitians accomplished many things in the past and we
all know that. Now stop being too emotional and deal
with the present reality.

We cannot keep on blaming others for our failure. You
organize something that falls short of your
expectation, go back to the drawing board and recheck
what you have done wrong instead of blaming others.
Evidently, we are in this mess because of many things
and it is scenic to blame a single individual.
Instead, we shall use this formula: We see a problem,
let’s fix it and nobody gets blame.

Blaming is a sign of weakness and we know when we
blame an individual whether he/she is wrong or right,
he/she is going to spend most of his/her time doing
damage control. We need to focus on a bigger picture
and avoid small details and also we need to stop
reacting on emotion.

200 years and counting and if we don’t change our
attitude, if we don’t change this destructive
mentality we won’t go anywhere.

Today before we ask for a change back home, we must
change our life first where we are. How can we say
that we are going to help Haiti when we don’t help
these folks we see everyday and how can we say that we
like God when we are at each other throat in the same
church, in the same city, in the same community and in
the same country.

After 9/11, many Haitian nationals lost their jobs and
what have we done as a small community to help them
out?  Check out what the Jew is doing, the Cuban and
others.  After 200 years of independence what have we
done, you are talking about Haiti. Stop. After living
for more than 25 years in this beautiful country what
have you done? Check again the Jew community, the
Cuban Community and others.

Please do not look or make any excuses

Start now and go step by step. You cannot do what the
Jews are doing right now, you need to organize
yourselves first and this is why it is very important
and urgent to have a national link.
Are you going to start one? No, you need to join one
that has already been in existence. Most of you have a
common goal on paper and your mission looks alike;
therefore, we shall be able to establish a link.
Mother Theresa once said: “if we are not interested on
who gets the credit, many things could have been
accomplished in this world”

Today, we need to examine our condition and explore
the possibility of joining hands together and change
it. If we do that and work side by side, we are not
going to change and improve only our living condition
in this beautiful country but we will be able to help
Haiti as well.
Hey folks! What are we going to do with l’Union fait
la force? Our ancestors did it and we are the living
proof of it. This generation if you want your grand
children to have a better future, you need to start
working together today.
With this upcoming Bicentennial, we can use that
unique occasion to launch our community and our
country.  We shall stay away from sensational speeches
and do tangible stuffs.

Now are we going to blame the United States for our
inability to get together? Or are we going to start
getting our act together?

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081