16855: Saint-Vil Re: 16854: Simidor further comments on Farmer debate (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Okay Simidor, let us agree that the Maribahoux deal is the act of a CORRUPT
government. Can we also agree that the weaker and the more corrupt a government
the better for the multinational sharks 'negotiating' the deal.

On the issue of what I consider to be a systematic and concerted effort to
weaken Haitian society, please allow me to  point to Corbettlist message 8554
 http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti-archive/msg08554.html  written more
than 2 years ago. It appears to indicate some answers to today’s questions,
strangely enough, through questions asked backed then.  Yes, in July 2001 we
were asking ourselves…

 « Who is really winning in these negotiations? Is it Lavalas? Obviously not.
It has miserably failed by allowing its enemies to plant multiple seeds of
disunity within its ranks and now, they are just impatiently waiting for the
explosion that will inescapably blow the thing to pieces.  Which sector will
revolt first: Senator, Deputy, Local elected officials, the streets...? Make
your guess....the laboratory will surely take care of such minor details in due
time...

 Did Convergence win the negotiations? From their long list, they seem to have
gotten a lot of concessions from Lavalas.  But, are the multiple particles
assembled under Convergence's eagle wings better poised today to win fair
elections in Haiti? Do they care about such a minor difficulty? More
importantly, who will be Washington's best man for the next round? Who will
inherit the $X Million: Pierre-Charles, Paul, Manigat, Bajeux, Bazin...? How
will the Convergence gang react if the real negotiators behind their desks
break news to them that a set of new brokers will be employed for the next
round?” <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Funny indeed how life goes…If I was superstitious and had written this message
to the group on the 184th day of the year, one could perhaps find it worthy of
inclusion in a presidential speech  , who knows? (or actually isn't July 20th,
the 184th day of the year?  Ha! I saw you doing the math Wishnisurf, and then
you will try to use this to humour our head of state for making connections
between the number 24 and 2004 J !)

 As one of our  popular (useful) intellectuals use to say « Certaines
coincidences sont des signes messieurs! »

Jafrikayiti